*Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, I may make a commission if you purchase something at one of the links below. This contains all of my own opinions, and I only recommend products I truly believe in.
I’m sure that when I first discovered amazon, sparks flew. As a busy human in general, there’s hardly enough time to do all the shopping that I need to on a day to day basis, even for essentials. Luckily, you can get literally anything on Amazon. I now use it for birthdays, Christmas, Valentines Day, and literally any other occasion, to save myself a trip up town.
when I embarked on my weight loss journey, which resulted in the loss of over 100 pounds, I found that Amazon was a huge tool in my success. There were tons of things I wanted, but always found them to be too expensive at my local stores. Luckily Amazon has great things at even better prices, so I found many things to help me lose weight without breaking the bank.
- Meal Prep Containers: Prepping my meals has contributed so much to my success in losing over 100 pounds. By setting aside an hour or two every Sunday to cook up a bunch of food, I saved myself tons of time and slip ups during the week, making it so easy to stay on track. These containers are deep, have 2 compartments, are dishwasher AND microwave safe, and are well made! You can’t find a set of 7 for a cheaper price, either, at least I haven’t been able to.
- Kitchen Food Scale: When I learned how to portion my food right, that is when I learned all about eating to fuel my body. My whole life I didn’t think I was eating too much, yet I had no clue how many calories I was actually consuming. Measuring my food out now helps me so much. Food like meat, however, you can’t necessarily “measure,” so that is what I primarily use my scale for. Take the guesswork out of portioning your meat at an amazing price of $13.99
- Quest Bars: I first discovered Quest Bars at my local GNC, but they were almost $3 a bar there, which is hard to justify buying. I loved them so much, though, that I kept buying them at that price. Luckily I found them on Amazon, and I buy them by the box every few weeks. You can get them for about $2 a bar on Amazon, which is not a bad price! I love these bars because they are high in protein, low in net carbs, and they have less than 1 g of sugar, which is hard to find in a delicious bar! My favorite is Double Chocolate Chunk- I microwave my bars for about 22 seconds before I eat them, and they are so amazing. This box of 12 goes for about $24.99 on Amazon.
- Fixate: For anyone that has followed my story, you probably know that I have found a lot of success using the 21 Day Fix. I still loosely follow the nutrition plan, and this cook book helps so much. This book is packed with delicious, unique, and healthy recipes, to give you a little variety in your diet. This is an awesome way to get used to cooking lighter recipes, by making healthy swaps with traditional recipes like Mac N’ Cheese, for example. You can get it on Amazon for only $26.90.
- Food Journals: Food journals like this one are amazing, because they help keep you on track. If you religiously jot down your food intake for the day, you are less likely to cheat and sneak in bad food. Also, it can be helpful if you hit a plateau, to look back on your food to see if there are hidden calories or fat in there somewhere that can be eliminated. This awesome food journal is on Amazon for only $6.99.
- Body Weight Scale: In order to track your progress, you really need a good bathroom scale. You should weigh yourself once a week to see if your diet and workout plan is working for you. Scales can get expensive, but there are tons of decently priced scales on Amazon with excellent reviews, like this one for $22.94. You don’t need anything fancy, but if you want one with extra bells and whistles, you can get a nice “Smart” scale for only $32.00, that syncs with your phone, and will tell you your body fat percentage.
- Running Belt: If you’re a wanna-be-runner like me, you probably do a lot more walking than running. That’s ok, we still need somewhere to put our things, right? Before I got the belt, I would always wear a sweater or jacket every time I went out, which isn’t always practical in the summer. This lovely belt for only $7.97 can hold it all for you.
- Yoga Mats: No matter what kind of workout you are doing, a good yoga mat always comes in handy. I bought myself the pine tree Aurorae 5 mm yoga mat long ago, and I will never go back to any other brand. These mats are high quality, and you can tell from the second you open it. There are so many cute patterns, and for only $40 that’s a great deal.
That’s pretty much all of my essentials that I have ordered from Amazon during my weight loss journey, that I would purchase again. It’s all trial and error, and you may not like the same things that I do. For those of you who don’t live in an area with tons of health stores close to you, this can be a life saver, without taking a huge dent out of the check book.
Am I missing anything? What is your favorite weight loss products on Amazon, anything that was absolutely vital to your diet and workout lifestyle? Let me know in the comments!